NEW OPPORTUNITY: Director without Portfolio for Media & Communications
PUBLISHED ON 18TH APRIL 2023
Europe Netball is a country member based organisation affiliated to World Netball and responsible for advancing the sport of Netball in the European Region. It's strategy can be found at under the 'About Us' tab on our website here (www.europenetball.com)
Position: Voluntary - Director without Portfolio – Media and Communications
Salary: Reasonable Expenses
Location: Evening meetings are generally held on line x4/5 per year plus an AGM which maybe in person.
Affiliation: The occupant of this particular type of Board Director role does not have to affiliated to a Full Member of Europe Netball.
Primary Objectives: To ensure Europe Netball have a media and communication lead, to continue the website and social media evolution of the organisation that is driven through insight and experience. The role will support the Chair and Europe Netball Management Board (ENMB) to create and deliver a strategy in alignment with the strategic aims and objectives of Europe Netball. Skills and experience are required in some or all - marketing, media/communications and PR.
• With the ENMB and relevant individuals, lead on developing a Media and Communication strategy
• Lead in finding, maintaining and managing content.
• Lead in creating a self-sustainable media and communications team.
• Establish and Chair the Media and Communications Working Group to lead in the delivery of the strategy.
Specific Skills required (in addition to those required of all Directors)
• Experience within the private sector, working with partners to generate content and coverage.
• Knowledge and experience of business networks.
• A proven track record of success in a Media/Marketing/Communications field.
• Understanding of sport sponsorship mechanisms and sport partnerships is desirable.
• To provide appropriate challenge and support to the short and long term media and communications planning process.
• To provide appropriate challenge and support to the media and communications reporting process ensuring the Board receive, accurate and complete information.
• To ensure the organisation adopts and adheres to a media and communications strategy.
• To assist the ENMB, by providing additional support and advice where requested.
• Strong entrepreneurial skills and a natural ability to spot opportunities.
Competencies and Behaviours
• Build effective relationships with the Chair, fellow Board members, Working Group Chairs and Member Countries ensuring all are committed to the common purpose.
• Be capable of expressing ideas and information in ways that are appropriate, accurate and concise.
• Listen to all fellow ENMB members, ensuring their views are heard.
• Identify opportunities in pursuit of the achievement of the organisation’s vision and strategic goals.
• Ensure that independent judgement is exercised on issues of strategy, commerciality, resources and standards of conduct.
• Understand the purposes of corporate governance and management.
• Empathise with the volunteers who are vital to the running of the sport.
• Understand and accept the responsibilities of being a ENMB member.
• Have excellent interpersonal, leadership and influencing skills, the ability to contribute effectively to the ENMB and working groups.
• Lead with reviewing contracts and making recommendations on commerciality.
• Interpreting market trends and advise on how to adapt to industry changes.
• Support with analysing opportunities for growth.
• Making media and communications recommendations to the ENMB.
• Supporting with product development, assisting with identifying new market opportunities.
• The Director without Portfolio – Media and Communications is an appointed position, with a 4-year term of office in line with Europe Netball’s Constitution.
• The successful individual can hold the role for no more than 3 consecutive terms.
If you’d like to be considered then please share a CV and covering letter Europe Netball Secretary – Jean Foster: firstname.lastname@example.org by the 25th May 2023